Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Optimizely Data Platform ODP - JavaScript tag added correctly but no tracked customers in ODP platform

Vote:

Hi, I have problem with connecting Optimizely Data Platform (Java Script tag) to my Alloy website. I've added JavaScript tag to our source code and it's visible in a developer tool (1. image) and I've checked everything according to this article (2. image) if the tag had been installed properly. Everything seems to be ok. But in my ODP platform in Customers -> Profiles tab I don't have any customers with "page vew" event. I've checked cookies for it and there is VUID filled. So, do somebody have any idea what is wrong or maybe something is missing? 

Edited, Apr 10, 2024 12:04
Vote:

Hi Aneta

According to what you described above, it seems you have done tracking correctly. There might be a bit "misunderstanding" of customers in your scenario. In ODP, a customer profile section should only show you users that have been identified . If you only have pageview event tracking, the visitor will be treated as anonymous, therefore it won't show up under customer profile.  

If you want to verify the data being tracked correctly for "annoymous" vistor in ODP UI, you should use "Company -> Report" to build you own report (see screenshot below).  

I hope above helps 😀

Apr 11, 2024 5:18
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.