Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Nested inline blocks

Vote:

I am trying to future-proof a CMS 12 site for the possiblity that the editors decide they want to start using the Inline block feature, and when I add a block with a content area of itself as an inline block, I cant add inline blocks or create new blocks to that content area, the new block page is hidden by the inline block editor of the first block. Is there any way to fix this or disable inlining for my block?

I just updated the site to the latest versions of CMS 12.23.0 and Core 12.19.0

Edited, Oct 11, 2023 12:24
Vote:

Are there any console errors which are showing up when attempting to add inline blocks or create new blocks in that content area?

Could be worth testing this out on a Alloy Site to see if its a genuine CMS bug. If if its a genuine bug, it could be worth raising this with Optimizely Support.

Nov 17, 2023 18:08
Vote:

There are no errors. Just look at the screenshot, you can see the dialog is blocking the new block view.

The solution was to make sure the inline block feature is disabled and everything will work as it should.

Edited, Nov 20, 2023 5:30
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.