Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Exception: Failed to load content type with name 'CategoryData' when working with Geta Optimizely Categories plugin

Vote:

I know there is a similar thread for the older cms versions and their Geta EpiCategories plugin, which we were using for several years.

Now we use Optimizely, so we use the Geta Optimizely Categories plugin and have the same issues during import.

2023-11-10 18:56:49.517 +01:00 [ERR] 10.5.3 Export/import error: Exception: Failed to load content type with name 'CategoryData'
EPiServer.DataAbstraction.DataAbstractionException: Failed to load content type with name 'CategoryData'
at EPiServer.DataAbstraction.RuntimeModel.Internal.ContentTypeMappingAnalyzer.GetContentType(String contentTypeName)
at EPiServer.DataAbstraction.RuntimeModel.Internal.ContentTypeMappingAnalyzer.Analyze(ContentType contentType, AvailableSetting settings, IContentTypeAvailableModelSetting modelsetting)
at EPiServer.DataAbstraction.Internal.AvailableSettingsRepository.RegisterSetting(ContentType contentType, AvailableSetting setting)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.Transfer.Internal.AllowedContentTypesTransfer.ImportInternal(IEnumerable`1 transferObjects)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.Transfer.Internal.AllowedContentTypesTransfer.Import(XmlTextReader input)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataImporter.ImportStream(ZipPackage package, XmlTextReader reader, String partName, ImportOptions options)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataImporter.ImportPartOfPackage(ZipPackage package, String partName, ImportOptions options)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataImporter.ImportRaw(ZipPackage package, ImportOptions options)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataImporter.Import(ImportOptions options)

What is causing it and how do i fix it? For the old plugin it seems it's fixed: https://github.com/Geta/EpiCategories/issues/23

My category looks this this

[ContentType(
    DisplayName = "Category",
    GUID = "0e597b43-2057-4366-b08b-46bd23fc47d6")]
public class Category : CategoryData
{
}

So it has a ContentType attribute and a Guid. What else can i do?

It exists in both CMS; the one where i export and the one where i want to import. The import file is big(around 100MB).

Edited, Nov 10, 2023 18:12
Vote:

Seems like there could be an issue with how the database is reading the 

There could be a page type somewhere or CMS property which references the Geta Category "CategoryData" class which is causing the issue on the import.

Or there could be a folder within the Categories section (where the Geta Categories section lives) which is no longer being used.

If this doesn't work, could be worth uninstalling the package, remove any references to this and then try again.

I had similar issue recently and by removing instances of CategoryData helped me to overcome this.

Hope it helps

Nov 17, 2023 17:27
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.