Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS 12 and SQL Server 2022 not compatible?

Vote:

Hi!

I recently moved a site to a new hardware environment. Im using CMS 12 and have had no problems before when moving this site to new environments (Just using a backup of the epi-db and restoring it to keep all content)

BUT in this case the environment is using SQL Server 2022 and I cant get the site to work. The site seems to work partially (I can reach /episerver/cms for instance, but It doesnt load any site content so the tree-view of the site is empty). In my logs Im getting the pretty weird error "Server is not operational".

I know the pre-req doesnt list SQL Server 2022 as supported, could this be whats causing this error?

thanks!

/Rickard

Apr 02, 2023 11:19
Vote:

Well it isn't the database, CMS 11 and 12 runs just fine on any SQL Server 2012 or newer. My favourite way of running SQL for CMS is actually in SQL 2022 on Linux Docker, all editions are working fine, in this video I'm illustrating this using Azure SQL Server Edge, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0zWMnfW-Hk&t=1315s.

The error you are getting is typlically connected to authentication. Can your new hardware environment reach your LDAP/Active Directory servers?

Apr 02, 2023 19:08
Vote:

SQL Server 2022 is indeed supported System requirements for Optimizely 

There is no plan to support SQL Server 2022 at the moment. and by support it usually means that QAs will do a regression test to see if anything is broken. However I don't think it's SQL Server 2022 related. can you find anything in the browser console, or in the app log ?

Edited, Apr 03, 2023 6:19
Eric Herlitz - Apr 03, 2023 7:38
The docs say SQL Server Azure and SQL Server 2019, version 2022 isn't mentioned at all.
Quan Mai - Apr 03, 2023 10:03
Right, my bad. It said Windows Server 2022. I should not have typed without my morning coffee.
I will check with PM to see if there is any plan for SQL Server 2022
Vote:

This was indeed related to the LDAP connection which was wrongly configured. We use Windows Authentication with a claimstransformation in out site. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

So I can confirm that it works fine running the database on a Sql Server 2022, but Im running it in 2019 compatibility mode

/Rickard

Apr 03, 2023 11:39
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.