Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Existing user logins not available in V12

Vote:

Hi there

Busy working through upgrading our site to V12.

Have gotten through the worst of it now, but currently on something that I'm struggling to wrap my head around today.

The existing logins that we had in our V11 DB do not work - I have to allow creation of admin account to get in. 

In V11 site was using SqlMembershopProvider. There does not appear to be any equivalent in .Net core.

Can't find anything remotely related to this when searching the net including Optimizely's docs, so I'm assuming I'm just missing something simple.

Should the existing logins just work, or is there some change required that I have been unable to find? 

Thanks

Chris

Jun 28, 2023 12:54
Vote:

Hi Chris,

Before you upgrade all the way it is probably best to migrate from SQLMembership to Asp.Net Identity and release this before the migration to CMS12 to reduce risk in you approach.

You can see how to migrate from sqlmembership to asp,net identity here .

Either way your going to need to migrate to asp.net identity.

Paul

Jun 28, 2023 13:59
Vote:

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. I'll start looking into that :) 

Jun 28, 2023 14:24
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.