Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Approver Only Role

Vote:

Hi,

Is there a way to have approvers only approve contents and not edit/create contents?

Below is my current setup, however it seems that approvers (WebApprovers) need to be able to edit contents to be able to approve contents, hence the "Change" rights.

Appsettings.json:

Thanks.

Aug 23, 2023 8:02
Vote:

Hi. I don't have an answer for you, sorry, but a question. To get "WebApprovers" to display in your access rights, did you have to do anything outside of add it to the config?

I am trying to add roles, but they simply do not appear within the CMS as your WebApprovers has. 

Are you using standard logins and roles as managed provided by Optimizely CMS? The big change we have made is to use SSO with Azure AD, and I wondering if that is what is buggering everything up for me.

Aug 24, 2023 10:47
Vote:

Hi Bernard,

Short answer no, there is not a way to separate them.

When you publish it will modify the data and update the published date and possibly a few other fields hence the ability to publish needs change rights also.

Thanks

Paul

Aug 25, 2023 7:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.