Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to check out the code deployed in Integration using portal.azure?

Vote:

What is the best way to check out code using portal.azure in Integration environments, specifically related to bin folder and packages installed etc?

Aug 07, 2023 4:00
Vote:

Hi Daman 

The best way is to not use azure portal. You will need to have deployed a package file to the dxp environment.

Therefore where or when you generate the package file is the best place to check as it will include the all the files deployed to dxp.

We generate the package file using devops and therefore within our pipelines we can download the package that was generated and deployed to the environment.

Thanks

Paul

Aug 07, 2023 6:30
Scott Reed - Aug 07, 2023 9:49
agree. If the package is in the portal you can download and extract. The only difference to seeing the "real" files will be in configuration when using appsettings transforms or any secrets coming from the new secrets areas of the pass portal
Vote:

You could access your integration environment using the KUDU interface. Using this interface you can browse all files.

Simply add .scm. to the default domain for your integration environment, like this.

Something like: https://yourprojectinte.scm.azurewebsites.net

Edited, Aug 07, 2023 6:46
Scott Reed - Aug 07, 2023 7:49
Does this still work now that everything CMS12 is in a docker container? I've never used this method, used to use the Azure Portal and the web files explorer but I can't access that now since CMS 12
Scott Reed - Aug 07, 2023 7:51
I just tried accessing and the browse files is empty apart from a hostingstart.htm file
Paul McGann (Netcel) - Aug 07, 2023 8:29
I knew this worked pre CMS 12 so CMS 11 down. I think part of the reason for docker and one of the benefits of docker is that you deploy the container image which is made up of a package that is generated from ci/cd pipeline and this way you can be sure that those files are the only files there nothing else gets copied or added.
Tomas Hensrud Gulla - Aug 07, 2023 8:40
You are correct Scott, this worked on Windows based web apps, used for CMS 11.
Scott Reed - Aug 07, 2023 9:47
Yep, that's what I thought!
Vote:

https://yourprojectinte.scm.azurewebsites.net - this does not let me view files for CMS 12 like it used to let me see it for CMS 11. I only see.

And when I go to bash prompt I see this

Aug 07, 2023 19:56
Tomas Hensrud Gulla - Aug 08, 2023 6:03
You are correct. KUDO does not seem to work for CMS 12 on Linux containers in DXP.

I have a CMS 12 site hosted directly on a Linux App Service in Azure, there I can browse the files from KUDU.
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.