Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

On-prem load balancing and Remove Events

Vote:

Continuing on thread https://world.optimizely.com/forum/developer-forum/cms-12/thread-container/2022/10/handle-events-listener-in-a-load-balanced-environment/ 

About Content Events Mass-Transit and Stefan Olsens solution I am a little bit lost. 

I wish to end up with the solution that Master-server (with the CMS UI) tells the Slaves to flush or update cache whenever there is a content change.

Is all I have to do is to apply Content Events Mass-Transit but using Stefans Event Provider (UdpMulticastEventProvider) instead?  

Thanks in advance.

Jan 31, 2024 16:00
Vote:

No you don't. you need just one of them - they are all event providers - each utilizing a different underlying mechanism for message transport 

Feb 01, 2024 7:32
Jonas Boman - Feb 01, 2024 10:53
Thanks; whats the best way to test if events are being sent and recieved?
Vote:

Simplest way to test is to edit a content in one instance and view it on another instance. the change should be seen (i.e. cache invalidation messages were sent through) 

Feb 01, 2024 11:06
Jonas Boman - Feb 01, 2024 16:35
Understood, and how would I go about to finding out why, if that is not the case?
Vote:

@quan So applying Stefan Olsens solution and setting up the IP and ports is all I would have to do to ?

Feb 08, 2024 14:20
Vote:

There are two settings you need to do

• setup Optimizely to use your (custom) event provider
  • setup your custom event provider so it can send and receive messages over network

I'm not quite sure about (2), but if that's what in the documentation, yes. 

Feb 08, 2024 14:40
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.