Drag & Drop assets for Commerce Entities (Categories, Products, etc) does not work

Vote:

Drag & drop assets within the Assets tab on the any of the Commerce Entities (Categories, Products, Variants, etc) does not work.

Debug info: 

CommerceMediaCollectionEditorDescriptor uses the LinkableTypes property from MediaRepositoryDescriptor to set the AllowedTypes in the editor descriptor, but the LinkableTypes is never set.

Nice to have besides fixing the bug:

AllowedTypes (from CommerceMediaCollectionEditorDescriptor) should allow not only Optimizely Media Content Types, but also content coming from 3rd party (e.g. DAM connectors)

Sep 20, 2022 8:11
Vote:

Hi Dan,

Are you reporting a bug or help on fixing an issue?

Sep 20, 2022 19:30
Vote:

If you are looking for a workaround, you can create your own implementation (which extends CollectionEditorDescriptor<CommerceMediaModel> ), and use this attribute

[EditorDescriptorRegistration(TargetType = typeof(ItemCollection<CommerceMedia>), UIHint = SystemUiHint.CommerceMediaCollection, EditorDescriptorBehavior = PlacedLast )]

Then you can add your types into AllowedTypes

I think that should work, but I haven't tried myself

Sep 21, 2022 15:44
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.