Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Drag & Drop assets for Commerce Entities (Categories, Products, etc) does not work

Vote:

Drag & drop assets within the Assets tab on the any of the Commerce Entities (Categories, Products, Variants, etc) does not work.

Debug info: 

CommerceMediaCollectionEditorDescriptor uses the LinkableTypes property from MediaRepositoryDescriptor to set the AllowedTypes in the editor descriptor, but the LinkableTypes is never set.

Nice to have besides fixing the bug:

AllowedTypes (from CommerceMediaCollectionEditorDescriptor) should allow not only Optimizely Media Content Types, but also content coming from 3rd party (e.g. DAM connectors)

Sep 20, 2022 8:11
Vote:

Hi Dan,

Are you reporting a bug or help on fixing an issue?

Sep 20, 2022 19:30
Vote:

If you are looking for a workaround, you can create your own implementation (which extends CollectionEditorDescriptor<CommerceMediaModel> ), and use this attribute

[EditorDescriptorRegistration(TargetType = typeof(ItemCollection<CommerceMedia>), UIHint = SystemUiHint.CommerceMediaCollection, EditorDescriptorBehavior = PlacedLast )]

Then you can add your types into AllowedTypes

I think that should work, but I haven't tried myself

Sep 21, 2022 15:44
Vote:

Thanks Quan Mai, creating a custom implementation for that EditorDescriptor worked, so that solves the Nice to have I initally asked for. 

To answer Surjit Bharath question, yes I am reporting a bug:

• Drag & drop assets within the Assets tab on the any of the Commerce Entities (Categories, Products, Variants, etc) does not work.

and also trying to help with debug info so that it makes it easier for Optimizely engineers to fix it. 

Drag & drop assets within the Assets tab in Commerce Catalog UI used to work just fine on the .net-framework version of the platform, so I see no reason why it should work in the .net5/6 versions.

Oct 05, 2022 8:13
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.