Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Crashing w3wp process with LiveMonitor and Content Collaboration with IIS WebSockets

Vote:

I've upgraded a site to EPiServer 8.10, originally built on 7.5 but it has gone through a few incremental updates over time, and have been looking at some of the features with Signalr depedencies, namely LiveMonitor and Content Collaboration.

I'm using NuGet to install these and following the instructions and all seems to work fine until it got to an environment with IIS WebSockets installed. Having checked this feature was not on the previous environments we staged it on and these had no problems presumably using the fallback. However with IIS WebSockets installed on this particular server we've seen the w3wp have issues enough to cause the rapid fail protection kick in and leave the app pool offline and us getting a 503.

I've been looking at the event viewer and logs but am finding little information that I can pin down as a cause, mostly what I see is a message telling me that 'process(es) server the app pool have errored' causing it to crash.

Any tips for how I might debug this further or if anyone has encountered similar issues?

Jul 24, 2015 10:12
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.