Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Replacing image in ImageVault

Vote:

Hello all, hoping someone who is also using ImageVault can help.

I'm curious to know if it is possible to replace an exisiting image in ImageVault. I don't want to upload a new image and have two versions (one old, one new). Instead I would like to replace the existing image with the updated version. This would spare me the headache of figuring out all the locations where the old one is being used.

I've tried to find some instructions/guide to see if this is possible in ImageVault.

Any help is appreciated.

- Michael

Aug 04, 2015 14:09
Vote:

Hi!

Not in the current version I'm afraid, you would probably have to write custom code for that; at least I haven't found it possible, been looking. Maybe drop a quick mail to Johan or Torbjörn at Meriworks and ask about it, they're usually really quick at responding.

An issue with replacing images that appeared when I looked into it some months ago, would be that the replacement may not look at its best after applying all those ImageVault system formats scattered around the site; so editors may have to browse through them all to check that it looks OK (so you would likely still need to give them a quick way of finding them all).

//Mathias

Aug 07, 2015 7:47
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.