Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Forms - the formcontainerblock can not be displayed

Vote:

Hi

Trying to implement Episerver Forms in CMS 9.6.1. WEBFORMS

I have created a formblock and put it on my page, in editmode it shows: The 'formcontainerblock' can not be displayed.

There is no view mode when i edit the form either.

What am i missing out? Any suggestions?

The files are in modules/_protected/episerver.forms

Mar 16, 2016 9:56
Vote:

Crap Episerver, im very disapointed:

Requirements

• Episerver Forms is only supported by MVC-based websites.

Anyone knows if its feasible to do some workaround to make it work with webforms? Or if Episerver has abandoned webforms from now on?

for example with this technic http://stackoverflow.com/questions/702746/how-to-include-a-partial-view-inside-a-webform

Mar 16, 2016 10:22
Vote:

Allright i got this answer from someone with insights:

What we have now?

-          Base on http://world.episerver.com/add-ons/episerver-forms/, you can see that out of the box Forms only supports MVC project.

-          Base on agreement with Product Owner, We build MVC Views, and code logic is in MVC Controller. It is not necessary to support WebForms (because of duplication in code)

-          Actually, if we want to support WebForms, we will need to spend a lot of effort to clone MVC Views to WebForm, and modify base classes. It is not in plan, sorry.

-          So if you have really high priority request from customer, please ping PO board, and we will re-plan to support/guide customer to implement it themselves. Currently, no documentation about it, we have not invested time for it.

It is possible to do it yourself

There is nothing prevent you from using Forms with (let’s say) Alloy WebForms. We don't have it in plan just because of time limit, resource for testing.

In general, you need to make the FormContainer and FormElement template in WebForms syntax, put in the correct folder, so the rendering engine can find it. FormContainer and FormElement are just normal EPiServer blocks.

Defining this class in this namespace, and put ascx templates in UserControls folder. namespace EPiServer.Forms.UserControls {      public partial class FormContainerBlockControl : ElementBlockControlBase<FormContainerBlock> }

It should enable Javascript, so the ViewMode submission will work normally. WebForm might not happy when we have another <form> in HTML.

Apr 01, 2016 11:57
Vote:

Hi Gosso, I have the very same problem with a site. Did you succeeded to make EPiServer.Forms running for WebForms?

Jun 21, 2016 14:23
Vote:

No Fredrik, I didnt put any time on this, we are porting our sites to MVC instead.

Jun 21, 2016 14:26
Vote:

Hello Fredrik,

We are having the same issue.

Did you succeed in getting this to work?

Aug 11, 2016 14:02
Vote:

I did a POC, it needs more testing for all possibilities of the forms module, but it's looking good.

Aug 17, 2016 17:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.