Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Forms external feed for selection field

Vote:

Hi,

I've created a selection field in Forms 2 to which I want to connect an external data source.

I tried to, according to a Forms 1 blog post, create a feed by doing an implementation of IFeed + IFeedProvider but it doesn't show up in the UI. That blog post is takling about implementing IExternalSystemFieldMapping, an interface that doesn't seem to exist anymore. Also tried adding the feed provider as an external feed in web.config, still no luck.

How would I make my feed provider available to a fields in the Forms 2 UI?

I've also tried to instead setup an Autofill implementation but that doesn't seem to be available for field types in which you can't type text (select boxes, radio buttons, checkboxes).

Jun 20, 2016 14:09
Vote:

Try to inherit your feed from IUIEntityInEditView inteface

Edited, Jun 20, 2016 15:09
Vote:

Great, problem solved. inheriting from both IFeed and IUIEntityInEditView did the trick. 

Thank you :)

Jun 20, 2016 15:36
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.