Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

A/B testing breaks multilingual pages

Vote:

Is the A/B testing add-on supposed to work on a page that exist is more than one language?

We are experiencing some problems when running A/B tests on pages like this. Let me try to outline:

We have a "Privacy en cookies" in:
NL: /privacy-en-cookies/
EN: /en/privacy-and-cookies/

I go to the NL version and start an A/B test, and from that moment does the /privacy-en-cookies/ page return a 404 error while the /en/privacy-and-cookies/ page works as expected, not being affected by the A/B test running on the Dutch version of the page.

If I cancel the A/B test, the dutch page still displays an 404 error.

Only if I publish my changes on the page (the B version) or revert to published (the A version), the page is again loading correctly. 

This does not happen at all for pages that are not in more than one language.

Can anyone please confirm my findings, and let me know if it is a problem with the A/B testing add-on?

Jun 12, 2017 10:23
Vote:

This is a problem we found a week or two ago as well and have a fix for it in testing right now. If a user is marked as seeing the B version for the AB test they will see the 404 when browsing in the language that is not the tested language as we are trying to load the alternate language version for the item that is not under test.

We are looking to get this through QA this week and released on Monday to fix up the language support so that tests in different language don't interfere with versions in other languages. We should also fix up being able to test different language versions independantly so that you could make a change on the EN version of the content and test it, while concurrently running a test on the NL version of the content.

Jun 20, 2017 17:26
Vote:

Hi @Jason - thank you for the update. I will keep an eye out for the next update. If possible, please update this thread when you publish a fix. I will be happy to test it and give you feedback if it is helpful.

Jun 22, 2017 10:12
Vote:

We have same problem. Our language links are broken on B version, if we just stop A/B testing all became normal. So we also waiting for new version with fix.

Edited, Jun 29, 2017 12:17
Vote:

EPiServer released a new version of the A/B testing plugin, that claims to solve the issue. https://world.episerver.com/documentation/Release-Notes/?versionFilter=2.4.0&packageFilter=EPiServer.Marketing.Testing&typeFilter=All

We will go test it.

Jul 12, 2017 14:14
Vote:

Sorry, forgot to write about it. We tested it already, its works.

Jul 12, 2017 14:19
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.