Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Facebook has detected EPiServer Social Reach isn't using a secure connection to transfer information.

Vote:

Hello All,

I've created a new facebook app and tried to create social channel. Authentication fails with the following error:
"Facebook has detected EPiServer Social Reach isn't using a secure connection to transfer information.
Until EPiServer Social Reach updates its security settings, you won't be able to use Facebook to log into it."

I tried our previous account which previously worked OK. Channel was created but during the authentication I got the following message:
"Facebook has detected EPiServer Social Reach isn't using a secure connection to transfer information.
Facebook will limit what EPiServer Social Reach can ask you to share when it's using an insecure connection. This might cause EPiServer Social Reach to not work properly." Sending messages to this channel fails with "Facebook: (#200) Requires either publish_to_groups permission and app being installed in the group, or manage_pages and publish_pages as an admin with sufficient administrative permission".

Is this a bug, because of Facebook changes related to HTTPS requests ("On October 6, 2018, all apps will be required to use HTTPS.") or am I doing anything wrong?

We use EpiServer.Social 2.3.0.

Thanks.

Nov 06, 2018 17:55
Vote:

Hi Olga Nikitina,

Yes, we're changing our API settings to make it work again. Thanks for the information :)

Phu

Nov 07, 2018 9:03
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.