Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

A/B testing add-on and GDPR cookie compliance

Vote:

Hi,

We are trying to become compliant with the GDPR cookie legislation that states that any none-essential cookies are not set until a user explicitly accepts them.

We use the A/B testing add on, is there any way of getting it to not set the EPI-MAR-<Content GUID> cookie until we allow it to following opt-in on a per user basis?

-Rachel

Nov 11, 2019 16:02
Vote:

Hi Rachel

Ideally, if you can set a cookie when the user opts in, you can make Episerver executes A/B tests only when such opt-in cookie is present in the request.

I have looked into this for a similar use-case. The simplest solution is to override the two SwapDisabled methods from the ITestingContextHelper interface, by using StructureMap interception. 

But it didn't work because of a bug in the A/B testing package that makes it ignore intercepted implementations.

Nov 12, 2019 8:26
Vote:

I ended up doing this by upgrading the A/B testing package to v2.5.11 and registering a component that implements the IPersonalizationEvaluator. In the Personalize() method I read a cookie that contains the user's cookie preferences and returned true if the cookies can be set.

Note that doing this also affected whether Visitor Group Personalization was enabled as this works the same way

Jun 15, 2020 10:22
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.