Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Google Analytics gadget cannot display data for some pages

Vote:

Hi,

We installed the Google Analytics add-on (v. 2.3.1) from Episerver on our site not too long ago, and pretty much immediately started seeing errors from the add-on in our error log:

2020-04-02 13:51:10,122 [19] ERROR EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.Services.REST.RESTService: Cannot send GET request to Google Analytics
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.Services.REST.RESTService.SendRequest(String requestUri, String accessToken)
at EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.Services.REST.RESTService.<>c__DisplayClass8_0`1.<Query>b__0()
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.Services.REST.RESTService.SendRequest(String requestUri, String accessToken)
at EPiServer.GoogleAnalytics.Services.REST.RESTService.<>c__DisplayClass8_0`1.<Query>b__0()

Despite the errors the gadget seemed to be working fine, but then we noticed that it doesn't display any data on the English versions of our pages and now we have found some pages on our main language branch as well where the gadget is having problems. The difference is that on the English pages, the graph looks normal, it's just an empty graph, while on the Swedish pages the graph is replaced with the text "No data".

I have noticed that we get the error i included above in out log no matter what page I'm on, the ones where the gadget seem to work just fine as well as the ones that show no data at all, so I don't actually know that the two issues are related, it just seemed like a reasonable assumption. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there anything we can do to fix it?

Apr 03, 2020 13:10
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.