Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Integrate the Welcome DAM Library Picker - where do I do this?

Vote:

Im tryig to follow the instructions for integrating the Welcome DAM Library picker. The instructions state that I should create an HTML element with a buton for opening picker. But there is no description of where I put this HTML. In general, the instrcutions seem to be missing several important steps on how to actually implement this on y site. Has anyone successfully implemented this?

Dec 11, 2022 19:22
Vote:

Do the instructions here help?

https://docs.developers.optimizely.com/content-cloud/v12.0.0-content-cloud/docs/installing-the-welcome-dam-library-picker

Basically just:

1. Install the nuget package:
    $ dotnet add package EPiServer.CMS.WelcomeIntegration.UI
  2. Enable it in Startup.cs:
    services.AddDAMUi();

You may need to add settings to your appsettings.json, but I think typically the defaults are good enough to get started.

Dec 14, 2022 21:06
Vote:

So, the whole 'create a button' instructions, that for if you want to open it from a custom page? As opposed to from within the CMS?

Dec 14, 2022 21:33
Vote:

Not sure, TBH -- I think that might be more for creating a custom property type that uses the DAM picker, for example, or (like your example) external from the CMS.

Dec 14, 2022 22:00
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.