Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cookie usage for EPiServer Forms and A/B testing

Vote:

Hello,

Im looking for a list like the one for the cms(http://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/security/Managing-cookies-on-the-website/) for EPiServer Forms and the A/B testing package. Is there any available documentation on the cookie usage of these packages?

/Peter

May 17, 2017 8:21
Vote:

Hi,

For Forms we use below cookies:

.EPiForm_VisitorIdentifier: Store a GUID which is visitor identifier

.EPiForm_BID: Store a GUID as browser ID

EPiForm_{FormGuid}:{Username}: We create 1 cookie for each form and each login user, store current submission status of the form (formGuid, submissionID, finalize or not).

You can setup time to expire above cookies by changing the value of visitorSubmitTimeout in Forms.config, default is 90 days.

/DT

May 25, 2017 11:17
Vote:

Thanks! Exactly what I needed.

Now I just need the same for the A/B testing package:)

/Peter

May 26, 2017 8:04
Vote:

Those cookies (and the name convention) are belonged to these internal classes

EPiServer.Forms.Core.Internal.ProgressiveSubmitInfoService

EPiServer.Forms.Core.Internal.VisitorIdentify.DefaultVisitorIdentifyProvider

(which are our default implementation)

If you really want to change that, you should change the class to your implementation. Touching our cookie is not safe, and it's hard to guess if any problem occurs.

PS: internal class are kind of BETA, or subject to changed API. It will not raise breaking change in semantic version.

May 29, 2017 10:41
Vote:

Im not planning on changing the implementation. I needed(and still need for the A/B testing package) the information for the "cookie info" requirement/law. But thanks for the heads-up!

/Peter

May 29, 2017 11:04
Vote:

Hi Peter,

The AB Testing package has one cookie per test the user visits in the format of:

EPI-MAR-<Content GUID>

Where content GUID is the episerver GUID for the content under test. Inside the cookie we store the state of the user against the running test. So things like the version the user should see if they return to a test item while the test is still running, if they have yet to view the content under question, and the various goals the user has converted on or has yet to convert on.

Hope this helps.

-Jason

May 30, 2017 17:04
Vote:

Hi,

Thanks, that's all I needed.

/Peter

May 31, 2017 8:03
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.