Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Disable/circumvent Epi Forms saving data on Submit

Vote:

It seems Epi is storing submission data somewhere, for example when using the form stepper, clicking "Next step" will trigger a Submit and data is saved. If I reload the page, the fields will populate with that previously saved data. Disabling javascript or disabling cookies will prevent this behaviour, but that's not an option.

We have custom Save/Send logic for our implementation that does not utilize Epis Submit event, thus causing a conflict with how data is populated (we use an external data source). 

I tried implementing my own Controller and overriding the Submit method, simply returning a new EmptyResult, this will prevent Epi from saving data but it will also break the stepper functionality as it relies on the server returning something to trigger a step change.

I want to use the stepper component, but I do not want it to Submit data on step change, can this be solved? Or if it must save data, can I disable the population of said data?

Edited, Apr 08, 2019 15:18
Vote:

Any way to tap into the Javascript API to do what you are wanting to do?

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/forms/handling-events-for-forms/

Maybe the FormsStepSubmitted event.

Edited, Apr 08, 2019 17:12
Vote:

I experimented a bit with the client side events, but I couldn't do anything useful there. I'm leaning towards just building a custom stepper at this point.

Apr 08, 2019 18:15
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.