Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Show and Hide dependencies on form fields not working

Vote:

I have set up a Epi Form that contains two elements. A Text Box with a "This Field will be hidden" option when the value of a multiselect field Equals "No".

When I select "No" on the multiselect there are no console errors shown, but the Text Box element is not hidden.

I have @Html.RequiredClientResources(RenderingTags.Header) in the head. Is there something else I need to do for this functionality to work?

Mar 31, 2020 12:55
Vote:

Hi,

Have you also included @Html.RequiredClientResources("Footer") at the bottom of your page? Amongst other things, this is used to add jQuery onto your page which is a requirement for a number of the client-side features of Episerver Forms.

Mar 31, 2020 13:19
Vote:

Just as a quick update - did the following to resolve:

1. Html.RequiredClientResources(..) for both header and footer + ensured no browser console errors for epi forms as a result.
  2. Ensured javascript enabled on the epi forms options 
  3. Cleared browser cache
Apr 16, 2020 9:25
Thomas - Aug 19, 2020 8:42
Hi Sam, how did you verify step 2?

I have the exact same problem as you first posted. I have @Html.RequiredClientResources("Footer") and @Html.RequiredClientResources("Header") properly placed in the code and I've tried clearing the cache. The Text Box will not "hide" and their is no console errors.

Any tips would be helpful :)
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.