Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How can i get data from Form submissions event

Vote:

Hi,

I want to store data submit each time user sumiite form to a database, how can i get all data feilds value from Submited form

Regards,

Thang Le

Feb 25, 2022 8:25
Vote:

Hi Thang,

What are you trying to do with the data? As you noted, the data is going into the database anyway.

You also didn't mention your version of Forms, but you should be able to do something like this:

public class ExamplePostSubmissionActor : PostSubmissionActorBase
{
	public override object Run(object input)
	{
		var submissionData = this.SubmissionData;

// Persist the submission data as you want!

return new SubmissionActorResult();
	}
}
Feb 25, 2022 15:24
Vote:

Hi Jake Jones,

Actually i want to export the submmited data to csv file. I know we can export it on CMS at tab "FORM" but currenty i have the old data in csv file but i don't know how to import or merge data from old csv file into submitted data in episerver form that why i want to store submitted data form to another table wich i can easy to manage it instead of submitted data alredy store in BigTable.

Do you know how to import data from csv to episerver form? and is the any Services to get data from episerver form?

I am using EPiServer.Forms version 4.27.1.0

Regards,

Thang Le

Edited, Feb 28, 2022 4:46
Vote:

Hi again,

I'm not sure I fully understand your requirements, I'm struggling to think of a scenario where importing already submitted form data into the CMS would be the best approach.

Regardless, there isn't a out-of-the-box way to import a CSV of data into the CMS, so you'd have to create this yourself. Despite the risk of playing around with the database tables, ff you have an existing BigTable with the data and it's a one-off task you'd probably be best off (effort wise) with an SQL migration. Otherwise, you'll want to dig into the DataSubmissionService (EPiServer.Forms.Core.Internal) and DdsPermanentStorage (EPiServer.Forms.Core.Data) and look at how form data is persisted into the DDS—things like maintining the submitted time will be more effort. Definitely not something I'd recommend.

With exporting, do you need to export the data regularly? If so, considering you're on an older version of Forms you could look into the Service API:

If neither this or the UI export give you what you want then you'd have to build something out again. If that case, you'd be best off researching the exsiting export functionality like the DataExportingService (EPiServer.Forms.EditView.Internal).

If you're just looking to be able to get form data, you can just use the IFormDataRepository (EPiServer.Forms.Core.Data).

Hopefully something above helps. From an outside perspective, it feels like it'd be worth revisiting requirements here. You seem to have some oddly specific needs that involve a lot of work and touch internal namespaces.

Feb 28, 2022 10:02
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.