Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Is it possible to pass additional values with the submission data?

Vote:

Hi,

I plan to take a form submission and send it to a third party. I've created a actor to take the submission data and send it to the third party without issue. However the client is asking that we include the ip address and a value obtained from a cookie. At the moment ive been looking into creating custom form elements to include both these pieces of information but not having much luck.

I was wondering is there another way I can pass this information. The form is not using a custom form block, just the default FormContainerBlock. (No custom view etc)

Thanks

Mar 15, 2024 14:57
Vote:

Hi Alan

If you want to get user IP, you can use one of built-in form element - Hidden visitor profiling .  There is another form element - Hidden predefined value that allows you to send static predefined value as well. I don't recall there is any built-in element can be used to read cookie, you can use the similar approach to roll your own one, it shouldn't be too hard.

I hope it helps. 

Edited, Mar 18, 2024 6:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.