Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Installation only contains core files

Vote:

After a fresh install with alloyt demo site I get an "this installation only contains core files".

Windows 8, vs 2012, sql epxress.

Oct 31, 2012 16:38
Vote:

Hi

I've seen that when asp.net wasn't installed on the IIS. So instead of running the templates, the IIS serves the static default.htm file, which says that only core files have been installed. If you run "aspnet_regiis -i" does that solve the issue?

Regards

Per Gunsarfs

Oct 31, 2012 16:47
Vote:

Also after you have actually deployed code to your site you can remove the file Default.htm (the file with the message ablove) that was deployed by installer. 

Oct 31, 2012 17:09
Vote:

Thanks for the input. Aspnet_regiis can't be used on windows 8. But it turns out that when you install the iis on windows 8 it doesn't install asp.net support by default.

Had to enable tcp and named pipe on the right sql instance aswell but now im up and running.

Oct 31, 2012 17:50
Vote:

Hi, would you please show step by step process, i also stuck in same stage,, showed only core files installed,  it would be helpfull as I am a new user.

Thanks

Nov 02, 2012 0:59
Vote:

Hasan_JIBS: Which operatin system do you run?

Nov 02, 2012 9:59
Vote:

On Windows 8 you go to control panel, uninstall program, turn windows features on/off.

then Internet information services, world wide web services, application development features and there you select the .net features.

Nov 02, 2012 10:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.