Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using "old" custom properties in CMS 7

Vote:

Hi!

On serveral occations when EPiServer 7 has been presented it's been said that custom properties built for CMS 6 will be able to render in the edit interface of CMS 7 - not using Dojo but being wrapped by something like a div or iframe.

Does this work? I get a YSOD with a stack trace saying:

Could not get unique plugin attribute for type Site.CustomProperties.PropertyOneLink.PropertyOneLink. Both 'EPiServer.PlugIn.PageDefinitionTypePlugInAttribute' in 'EPiServer, Version=7.0.586.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' and 'EPiServer.PlugIn.PropertyDefinitionTypePlugInAttribute' in 'EPiServer, Version=7.0.586.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' matches 'EPiServer.PlugIn.PropertyDefinitionTypePlugInAttribute'.

when adding something like:

[Display(
GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content,
Order = 40)]
[BackingType(typeof(PropertyOneLink))]
public virtual Url OneLink { get; set; }

Am I missing something here?

Jan 04, 2013 15:47
Vote:

Yes, I was missing something: The PageDefinitionTypePlugInAttribute is obsolete and has changed to PropertyDefinitionTypePlugInAttribute

Jan 04, 2013 16:41
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.