Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Filemanager - replace does not work

Vote:

Hi,

Try adding a file (in my case a .docx) to the file manager in EpiServer. Then edit the file on your local computer, keep the same name and upload it again. My problem is that the file on the server did not get the new changes.

Is this something you configure or is it a bug?

We are running patch 3.

Also, why is size and date modified columns removed in the file manager? or is this something you can add?

Oct 21, 2013 13:12
Vote:

Did You ever get any information about this or did you solve it? We have the same problem.

Feb 28, 2014 12:18
Vote:

Not sure why this happens, but have you tried to right click the file in EPiServer file manager and select "Create new version" instead?

Feb 28, 2014 13:04
Vote:

Yes, I've tried everything I could think of. Even if i add a new version of the file and then make the new file "active" the link on each page that the file is used on serves me the old file.

Feb 28, 2014 13:07
Vote:

Hi

Just checked again because we added patch 4. Unfortunately same problem. And we are not using version handling. Do we agree that the expected result should be the new file with new data? or is it this way it should work to avoid replacing files?

I have not added a bug for this yet.

Feb 28, 2014 13:23
Vote:

I've added a incident on this problem and we're also using patch 4.
The way I belive it should work is that if you upload a file with the same name as before, you get a question if you want to overwrite the old one. If you answer yes on that question the file should be replaced.

If you're using versioning I belive it should be a new version created and that one should be the "active" one.

The UI says that the new version is active but when I download the file from a page EPiServer serves me the old one.

Feb 28, 2014 13:34
Vote:

Has anyone heard anything new regarding these issues?

Replacement of files doesn't work, and neither does versioning. We're running EPiServer 7.1.

//Marcus

Apr 07, 2014 11:18
Vote:

This has been changed in EPiServer 7.5 with the new media system. When uploading existing files you will get a question if you want to replace the existing files. I don't see that we will change this for 7.1 since it's the intended behaviour and not a bug (however odd you might think it to be).

Apr 07, 2014 11:33
Vote:

Hmm... When I read the online manual for EPiServer 7.1 (http://webhelp.episerver.com/CMS/7.1/SV/#FileManagement/Edit_Files.htm%3FTocPath%3DHantera%20inneh%C3%A5ll|Hantera%20filer|_____2) it says that both replace and versioning should work. How can that be?

I don't mind not getting the question when replacing a file, but I expect replace to work.

Apr 07, 2014 11:57
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.