Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unable to edit certain pages / blocks

Vote:

Hi,

We are running Episerver 7 using MVC and we have a wierd problem with editing. We are unable to edit certain pages/blocks and I have a hard time figuring out how to debug this without having to reflect internal DLL's. Could this be an issue where we've just forgot to include something in our .cs-files for these pages/blocks? Or could it be a faulty installation of epi7 on the server? It's always the same pagetypes / blocktypes.

Again, the issue is when we press the EDIT-button on the page/block, it just looks like this;

http://i.imgur.com/K3n1RdS.png

Any advice on debugging-tools is also greatly apprechiated. Thank you!

Nov 13, 2013 10:52
Vote:

Maybe see if you're getting any js errors? Hit F12 in Chrome/Firefox and load the console..

Nov 13, 2013 16:20
Vote:

Usually this happens if you have a custom property used with your page type or block type that throws an error.

Frederik

Nov 14, 2013 10:01
Vote:

Danny: Nope, no javascript errors. I guess I could enable logging and go from there though. 

Nov 14, 2013 10:19
Vote:

Frederik: Thanks! I will look into it

Nov 14, 2013 10:19
Vote:

Yeah as Frederik said I had forgot to add some attributes to some properties on the pages, namely the [Ignore] Attribute to some properties using [JsonIgnore] on the pages/blocks. Thanks!

Nov 15, 2013 9:48
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.