Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Search - Can't resolve symbol error

Vote:

I have copy pasted following code from the EPiServer 7 CMS SDK Documentation:

SearchResults results = Locate.SearchHandler().GetSearchResults(groupQuery, pagingNumber, pagingSize);

ContentSearchHandler contentSearchHandler = Locate.ContentSearchHandler();
        foreach (var hit in results.IndexResponseItems)
        {
            // Use the content search handler to convert the page hit into a PageData
            yield return contentSearchHandler.GetContent<PageData>(hit);
        }

And I can't resolve the text marked in bold.
Which assembly to I need to add to my references or what namespace should I add?

Thank you in advance!
Feb 12, 2013 20:37
Vote:

Hi Daniel,

The Locate is a instance of the ServiceLocator and is a property inherited from the PageBase class I think.

Edited, Feb 13, 2013 9:10
Vote:

Hi Daniel

I don't see what part is in bold but I was able to get the code from the EPiServer 7 CMS Documentation to work by replacing

ContentSearchHandler contentSearchHandler = Locate.ContentSearchHandler();

with

var serviceLocationHelper = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<ServiceLocationHelper>();
var contentSearchHandler = serviceLocationHelper.ContentSearchHandler();

Feb 13, 2013 12:43
Vote:

Hi,

In addition, instead of locating the ServiceLocationHelper, which is a class that contains common shortcuts to the ServiceLocator, and retrieving the search handler from there, you can fetch the search handler directly from the ServiceLocator:

var contentSearchHandler = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<ContentSearchHandler>();

Feb 13, 2013 14:11
Vote:

Great Joel, thanks!

May 27, 2015 13:43
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.