Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Site translation and multi language support

Vote:

Pleas help me to understand approach of site translateon into multiple languages for Episerver CMS. It was not so easy and intuitive to enable multi languages and translation but somehow I managed to get translate button. When I translate empty page is opened, blocks are not available. First I need to recreate all block then allocate then into page. And only then I can translate content. I don't think that it is ok to recreate all page structure to get site translated into another language. Is it realy the only way and there is not support by Episerver CMS to save page/block structure?

Apr 17, 2013 14:55
Vote:

If the content area property/properties in which the blocks are located is marked with the CultureSpecific attribute ("Unique value per language" in admin mode) that's the expected behavior. However, if it's not the blocks should still be there.

Apr 17, 2013 15:23
Vote:

Thank you!

I removed attribute [CultureSpecific] from property public virtual ContentArea MainContentArea { get; set; } and it solved problem.

Apr 18, 2013 8:13
Vote:

Problem solved partially. Next issue - blocks from Global Library are not available between different language sites. As I understand then all blocks by default are shared. But for different language sites Glogal Library blocks are not available. Ok it's good when block content should be translated into specific site language. But in our case blocks doesn't contain any language specific information. For instance, image gallery list (without labels). It' s something like data aggregator and should be treated in the same way over all sites.

Is there any way to share blocks over different languages?

Apr 18, 2013 13:30
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.