Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Search Bar not working 'Content not found'

Vote:

Hey All,

I'm trying to enable the search bar in edit mode for our editors.  However, nothing i've done seems to work.  I installed search from the deployement center to my dev site, the site currently has like 1000+ pages, yet nothing i search for seems to work in the search bar, always receive the message 'Content not found'

The deployment center updated the web.config and also installed the IndexingService.svc in a folder under my web project.  Is there anything else I need to do to get this working?  What about EPiServer Find?  Does the search bar utilize this instead if i have it installed? (thinking about installing it anyway since it would speed up some of our page finding methods for listing templates)

Thanks

Mike

Jun 18, 2013 5:57
Vote:

Do you use Find?
If so it sounds like you have an invalid index.

Jun 18, 2013 7:39
Vote:

You can see what providers are installed/active under admin mode -> config -> search configuration.

Check with fiddler or firebug if you get any 404's when searching.

Jun 18, 2013 13:33
Vote:

Check out:
http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=71532

Jun 18, 2013 14:10
Vote:

Thanks guys, really appreciate the help!

The link Christian provided gave me more insight on the config settings that needed to be altered.  

Jun 18, 2013 16:33
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.