Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

HTML Del tag moved outside of P tag

Vote:

We've encountered an extremely strange problem. I realise it's very left field but I'm hoping someone will have encountered this before.

Basically, we have a very simple piece of markup, with a <p> tag and a <del> tag inside it.

E.g. <p>Was <del>$12.98</del></p>

When this is rendered however, the <del> tag has been moved outside of the <p> tag.

E.g. <p>Was </p><del>$12.98</del>

To isolate this issue, I moved it out into a simple .aspx page with no other css or js referenced. It still did the same thing. I then moved it to a html file to confirm it wasn't a HTML thing. This behaviour then disappeared. Finally, I created the aspx page in a simple ASP.NET website to move it outside of EpiServer and it did work there.

Hence why I'm posting this here, either we have some rogue handler doing some weird stuff or EpiServer for some reason is moving this tag when rendering.

Aug 07, 2013 9:26
Vote:

We have the same issue. It also effects <ins> elements. We found, it is something to do with EPiServer HTML parsing, but we could not find where we could intercept this process.

As a fix we used HtmlAgilityPack to replace <del> & <ins> with <span class="del/ins">.

Did you find a fix for this?

Apr 15, 2014 12:19
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.