Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Extending Valid Elements for Tiny MCE returns 404

Vote:

Been trying to get this working since Friday following all the information in the many post available on the next but I just can't seem to get it working and don't really understand why.

I've tried following the instructions in here and no joy:

http://cjsharp.com/blog/2013/04/15/how-to-add-valid-elements-like-iframes-to-tinymce-in-episerver-7/

I added the TinyMceValidElements class and pasted the empty file handler underneath it within the same namespace.  I've updated the EpiServer.config by inserting

What am I doing wrong?  Followed the instructions verbatum and finding this all a bit frustrating now.  Everyone else claims it works but I'm not seeing how.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 03, 2014 11:27
Vote:

Instead of using the empty file handler method, have you tried adding an empty file with the correct name (editor_plugin.js) in the file path it's requesting?

Nov 03, 2014 12:20
Vote:

Clear all your temporary internet files and hard refresh the browser. TinyMCE is usually heavily cached.

Nov 03, 2014 17:32
Vote:

You should be able to set the ServerSideOnly property on the attribute to plug-in false and thus removing the need to call the JavaScript file on the client.

Nov 05, 2014 7:04
Vote:

Linus, I've tried ServerSideOnly. But it's still trying to access /util/Editor/tinymce/plugins/{my plugin name}/editor_plugin.js?moduleArea=Util.

We have empty files for every plugin, but it would be nice to be able skip that.

Nov 05, 2014 18:23
Vote:

Hi Johan!

I cannot reproduce the issue. If I copy the plug in from Chris's blog post and just compile it and load the error, I get the 404, but after adding ServerSideOnly = true, the call is not made any more.

Nov 06, 2014 8:28
Vote:

Must have been my cache (again) :/ It's working now! Thanks.

Nov 06, 2014 19:09
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.