Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Allow empty p-tags (or at least p-tags with non-breaking space) in Tiny MCE editor?

Vote:

Hi!

If I enter an empty p-tag in the Tiny MCE editor, it gets removed. If I enter a p-tag containing a single non-breaking space entity, it gets removed as well. However, if I enter a p-tag with two non-breaking space entities, it won't get removed.

Is it possible to configure Tiny MCE so that it will accept at least p-tags with a single non-breaking space inside?

//Marcus

Mar 25, 2014 9:31
Vote:

Hi Marcus, It sounds like you are trying to accomplish a space between two other paragraphs. Why not add some CSS to adjust the padding below the first paragraph instead? E.g. like this:

<style>
p.padding {padding-bottom:20px;}
</style>

Or even better, you can add this to the Editor.css file to get a selection in the Styles Dropdown in the TinyMCE editor by adding:

.padding
{
padding-bottom:20px;
EditMenuName: Padding;
}

Hope this helps!

/Leif

Mar 25, 2014 10:19
Vote:

Thank you for the answer, Leif!

However, I'm not trying to alter the design.

I want to be able to write the following in the Tiny MCE Editor:

<p></p> or <p>&nbsp;</p>

Mar 25, 2014 13:36
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.