Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using Epi DB from Prod environment > Epi accounts not working in Dev environment

Vote:

Hi!

I have a strange issue. Yesterday I took a backup of the episerver database from the production environment and I am currently using it in my local environment for development of the site. When I get to the site locally I can see all the content, but as soon as I try to login to the CMS with the exact same account I use in the production environment it doesn't work. If I use my windows account I can access the CMS but not the Admin-page of the CMS. I get a "Page was not found".  Accoring to the Episerver.dll I am using version 7.14. Which is the same as the one we are using in the production environment.

Have anyone experienced the same issue at some point or have any clues on where to start troubleshooting?

I can see the User in my copy of the database and the user have not been locked out. 

Thank you in advance!

Br,

Isabel

Jul 23, 2015 8:56
Vote:

Solved this by changing the epi user password with the stored procedure called:

aspnet_Membership_SetPassword

When I did that I could log in to the cms, but not seeing the admin page.

It seemed like there was something wrong with the EPiServer.config-file.

There was no applicationSettings-row in it. When I added that I could access the admin-pages.

Jul 23, 2015 13:12
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.