Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver js-script error in widget.js

Vote:

Hi all

In our EPiServer 8.11 solution, this error has started to appear in the console (Chrome):

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined - widget.js: 2

It is usually followed by:

Observable store detected, but no sort order specified. You may experience quirks when adding/updating items.  These can be resolved by setting a sort order on the list or grid.

Any input on how to debug this? Or replace the widget.js file with an updated version?

Best regards

Sep 03, 2015 8:41
Vote:

Seconded

Sep 18, 2015 16:20
Vote:

Even worse, i get this frequently when i'm busy devoloping the site in VS.  The result is this warning, but much worse: the whole editing environments shows me a blank page with just the option to switch to the CMS or Admin. The entire pagetree AND the page is not shown anymore. Only solution until now seems to be: Restart VS (2013) and restart the site :-(

Very annoying.  I'm using Episerver 9.03

Oct 14, 2015 12:55
Vote:

I think we have also similar issue with that script.

After ugrading site to version 8.11 we have an issues with updating content, mainly when editing HTML content in TinyMCE editor changes are not saved after first autosave.

We managed to recognize steps to reproduce in Firefox:

• go to page with HTML property
  • go to edit mode
  • change HTML content and wait for autosave (here we have an error in Firefox TypeError: this._positions is undefined   in widgets.js (line 2, col 619057) and in Chrome the one described by Jesper in original post above)
  • change again HTML content, wait some time (autosave should work but it is NOT) and publish page

All changes after step 3 are not saved, only those made before first autosave are stored to the page.

Additional finding: autosaves work fine for pages not being yet published

@EPiDevelopers: Please take it seriously, since our customer started to have doubts if they actually should upgrade to EPi 8 (so far done just on test environment) since it is preventing their editors to update content

Edited, Oct 19, 2015 14:31
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.