Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Please give some explanation of using CurrentPage property

Vote:

I'm working with EPiServer Demo for a week or little more and very like it. But I have some problem with understanding some features. It would be great if anybody can give me an explanation.

I've made a simle website in two languages and included the QuickSearch control is delivered with the demo website. I created my own Search page for showing results.
My problem is: after submit the website is redirected to DEMO Search result page, but I would like to redirect it to my NEW Search result page (moreover in current language). I found some code in QuickSearch control:

PageReference searchPageRef = CurrentPage["SearchPage"] as PageReference;

if (searchPageRef != null)
{
PageData searchPage = GetPage(searchPageRef);
_searchPageUrl = searchPage.LinkURL;
}

The property CurrentPage["SearchPage"] returns DEMO Search result reference.

How can I set the property for example "MySearchPage" for getting my search page reference CurrentPage["MySearchPage"]?
Where in the admin tool is it possible to set that values for pages?
How the string id "SearchPage" is related to the DEMO Search page?

Under Site configuration section I found some settings:

Logotype 
Contact page  
Privacy page  
Site map page  
RSS Main Page

But there are no ways to add a new one.

Thank you

Apr 15, 2009 11:01
Vote:

Hi Michael,

If you look at the comment for the SearchPageUrl you will see that is is by default set to take the PageReference pointed out by the dynamic property SearchPage.

If you are in editmode and on your startpage click the "edit dynamic properties" button. (its the one with three blocks in different colors) and there you will see that the property SearchPage will be pointing to the default searchpage. So it's just to change this to point to your searchpage instead.

Hope I made some sense.

Apr 15, 2009 11:42
Vote:

CurrentPage[propname] gives you the underline value

CurrentPage.Property[propname] gives you the Property

Apr 15, 2009 12:06
Vote:

Hi Petter,

Thank you for your answer very much. I've found that Dynamic properties buttonCool

Apr 15, 2009 13:00
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.