Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EpiServer Calendar to remember information on next page

Vote:

Hi Ted,
i was wondering if i can get some hints from you regarding caching a control.
I am using Episerver Calender control with list. This list show events which under the calendar for the current day (not the month). 
So if i click on 20 of August it shows the events for that day below the calendar.
If i click on a event in the list, I get redirected to a new page with more details about the event.
The issue:
on this new page (let's call the pagetype EventItem) i have the same calendar control to the right of the mainbody information. The problem with the calendar is that it does not show the last date i was standing on. It goes back to "today date".
How can i cache this calender with its, by the user chosen dates, to fallow me on to the next page (EventItem page)? Should i use cache or should i somehow collect the date on the eventitem links and through them send them to the next page somehow?
I hope you understand what i mean. New to EpiS

Hi guys

I am new to programming and EPiServer. So, please bare with me :-)

i was wondering if i can get some hints from you regarding caching a control (or some other methods).
I am using Episerver Calender control with list. This list show events under the calendar for the current day (not the month). 
So if i click on 20 of August it shows the events for that day, below the calendar.
If i click on a event in the list, I get redirected to a new page with more details about the event.

The issue:
on this new page (let's call the pagetype EventItem) i have the same calendar control to the right of the mainbody information. The problem with the calendar is that it does not show the last date i was standing on, on the previos page. It goes back to "today date".
How can i cache this calender with its, by the user chosen dates, to fallow me on to the next page (EventItem page)?
Should i use cache or should i somehow collect the date of the eventitem in a link and through the link send the data to the next page somehow?

I hope you understand what i mean?

Suggestions?

Aug 19, 2010 10:56
Vote:

Clarification:

on this new page (let's call the pagetype EventItem) i have the same calendar control to the right of the mainbody information. The problem with the calendar is that it does not show the last date i was standing on, on the previos page. It goes back to "today date".

What i mean is:
On the startpage i clicked on the 20 of August.
When i click on 20 of August i get a list of events for that day.
I the navigate to october. I do not click on any dates. In my list i below the calendar I still see the events for the 20 of august.
NOW, while the calendar shows october. I click on a event in the list.

Page B loads, I see the detailed information about the event.
The issue is that the calendar doesn't show october. It show today date and month.

How can i cache this or make data fallow to the next page on btn_Click?

Aug 19, 2010 11:09
Vote:

I don't know how the code looks, but if it is a link to the new page: Use a querystring variable. This will however need you to take extra care when/if that page is posted back so you don't force the visible month according to the querystring if the page posted back because the user clicked to change month etc.

If it is a postback in the first place you probably have the state of the original calendar when the Load stage occurrs, so you can look which date is selected (if the calendar control allows this) and update the other calendar control accordingly.

Aug 19, 2010 11:46
Vote:

HI

I am newbie to the usuage of Calendar contorl in EPiServer CMS 6 R2.How can i use it in my site.Canone pls give suggestions.......with sample example.......

Thanks in advance......

Oct 24, 2011 15:58
Vote:

Murali: There's also an example of how to use the Calendar control in the AlloyTech sample and Workroom.

Frederik

Oct 28, 2011 10:03
Vote:

Thanks for your quick reply......

I will check it out.....

Regards,

K.MURALI KRISHNA

Oct 28, 2011 14:32
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.