Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Xforms layout in IE

Vote:

Hi,

Having problems with the XformEditor when viewing through IE8 or IE7 (suspect IE6 too but not tested). It does work fine in firefox and note all other screens appear fine in IE with the exception of this one.

Basically when you select an existing form to edit or request to create a new one it opens the xformeditor popup but in IE it doesnt appear to pick up the xformeditor stylesheet.

The page looks fine in the browser until you get to the line <div id="XformArea" class="xformarea">. In firefox a style is picked up from xformedit.css called div.xformarea which applies a white background etc to the form layout. However in IE it appears as though this style isnt picked up at all. My properties box appears top left with the XformControl region below and no white background in sight.

As far as I can tell the stylesheet is present (note we werent referencing the stylehseets/files from the EPiServer installation correctly until recently but even after this switch there is no difference. I have noticed that the xformeditor stlesheet is being referenced twice.

Any ideas out there as to who to fix this? Not sure if its a bug with EPiServer itself or something incrrect I've done.

The client uses IE but I cant really give them this to use in its current presented state.

Thanks in advance

Ben

Sep 13, 2010 13:18
Vote:

Have you tried clearing your local browser cache? Just an idea since you said there were some previous issues with referencing CSS-files.

Haven't heard about this specific problem before.

Sep 13, 2010 15:51
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.