Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

I cant get the drag n drop component to work

Vote:

Hi!

In EpiServer CMS 5 (5.2.375.236) how do I get the drag n drop component to work?

RootPage, "Komponenter" tab; Spellchecking and Export to Excel have ha green "correct symbol" but drag n drop has a red "error symbol". Below it says "you use version 2.3 EpiServer Client Component". The install button is greyed out.

Windows XP
Internet Explorer 8
No messages from IE indicating errors on the Epi Site.

It works at home in the same version av of EpiServer and Internet Explorer 8.

I really want to solve this. Thank you for the help

Aug 16, 2012 8:28
Vote:

Its the same problem in EpiServer 6 R1, here at work.

Edited, Aug 16, 2012 8:38
Vote:

Can I uninstall the "2.3 av EPiServer Client Components"? I cant find it in "Add / Remove program" only "EpiServer CMS Office Add-In". Maybe if I uninstall it and install it again it will work?

Aug 16, 2012 8:57
Vote:

Ok! So now Iam following this guide here
http://blog.fredrikhaglund.se/blog/2008/07/22/installation-of-episerver-components/

I have located the folders C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\5.2.375.236\Application\UI\ActiveX
and extrated the CAB-file. How exatly do I run the script regsvr32.exe EPiFileUpload.dll

From where? I just get "Load EpiFileUpload.dll failed cant find the module" from RegSvr32.

Can someone explain the DOS prompt a bit, thanks.

Aug 16, 2012 9:34
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.