Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problems when upgrading from CMS 5 R2 SP2 to CMS 6

Vote:

Hi all!

I am experiencing problems when trying to run my site after upgrading the it via EPiServer Deployment Center from EPiServer CMS 5 R2 SP2 to EPiServer CMS 6.

Before I started to upgrade, I was running a site with the following setup:

• Windows 7/64 bit
  • Visual Studio 2008
  • EPiServer CMS 5 R2 SP2
  • Sql Server 2008 (localhost)
  • Developer license

What I did:

1. Upgraded the site (with database) using the Deployment Center following these instructions http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Joe-Bianco/Dates/2010/3/How-to-Upgrade-an-EPiServer-CMS-5-Site-to-CMS-6/
  2. Tested the site in the browser (it ran ok)
  3. Cleaned and rebuilt the upgraded solution in Visual Studio 2008
  4. Did an IIS-reset and deleted the temporary ASP.NET files
  5. Tested the site in the browser and it did not run anymore :(
  6. So when I currenty try to access the site in the browser, I keep getting this general ASP.NET exception:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1519: Invalid token ',' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\b9b392dd\aa57eec8\App_Code.vv6bfe-a.0.cs    Line: 82

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have I missed out on some steps during the installation? Can anyone help me? :-)

Regards,

Anders

Mar 26, 2010 15:58
Vote:

What I find weird is the source file path -- it includes "App_Code," which is a construct for Web SITE Projects, not Web APPLICATION Projects, which an EPiServer site should be.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but did you somehow get the project type changed in Visual Studio?  I'm not sure why it would be throwing a compilation error because of that, but it still seems odd.

Apr 17, 2010 15:02
Vote:

Hi,

I think this is a very common problem when you clean and rebuild your solution. E.g. The episerver assembly files in the Bin folder is missing.
Copy the files from c:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\VERSION\bin to your site bin folder.

For more info see this thread at stackoverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1073170/invalid-token-in-class-struct-or-interface-after-checkout

/Per

Apr 18, 2010 17:38
Vote:

The missing files (and using correct versions) did the job, thanks!

Apr 21, 2010 14:36
Vote:

I am upgrading the site from CMS 5 R2 to CMS 6. Upgradition was done with some hickups :)

but after upgradation site is compiling sucessfully but when we run the site we get this error "multiple custom attributes of the same type found". It is pointing to the temporary internet files. We cleared the folder but are still facing the same issue.

Any one know what this issue is and how to solve it.

Multiple custom attributes of the same type found.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Reflection.AmbiguousMatchException: Multiple custom attributes of the same type found.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\c81ff62d\81134401\App_global.asax.6jq8svyw.0.cs

Aug 20, 2010 11:07
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.