Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dynamic Content Issue With Public Properties

Vote:

I have a weird issue and was wondering if anyone else has ran into this.  Example.  Lets say I have a twp dynamic content properties.
public string ContentTitle{get;set;}
pubilc PageReference GalleryPage {get;set;}

If i open this in edit mode and select the {} button to pop open the dynamic content popup.  Select my control from the dropdown, and it displays the edit control.  If i pick a page and save without putting a value in ContentTitle, click save and publish; It renders as the pageid of the pagereference in the content title and the gallerypage reference is null.  It shifts up the values is that makes sense.  I have four properties on one and three can be left bank and the bottom property (boolean) is blank too, the first property(contenttitle) now has it's property set to true, so it it sets its values based on INDEX it seems. 

Am i doing something wrong or is this by design.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am using EPiServer 6R2

Thanks.

Nov 05, 2011 3:45
Vote:

I suppose you are using the UserControl approach to creating dynamic content. I described the problem with property order in a blog post and Paul Smith subsequently reported it as a bug:

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Magnus-Rahl/Dates/2011/4/Property-problems-in-DynamicContentBase--Control-based-Dynamic-content/

Nov 05, 2011 9:31
Vote:

Thanks magnus, do you happen to know if they came out with hot fix for this yet.

Nov 05, 2011 18:10
Vote:

I don't know, you'd have to ask EPiServer support. But to me it seems a bit risky to change the storage format in a hotfix, it would make exported pages incompatible between hotfixed/not hotfixed sites etc. 

Nov 06, 2011 14:06
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.