Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Available pagetypes error

Vote:

We recently upgraded from CMS 6 to CMS 6 R2 and are experiencing the following problem.

When we create a new page in admin mode and deselect the "

Apr 20, 2011 13:40
Vote:

Hi,

I tested it and it didn't work on my CMS 6 installation nor my CMS 6 R2 installation. One suggestion would be to create a dummy page type which has severly restricted access rights, i.e. remove "Create" for "Everyone" virtual role. Or maybe do it programatically hooking into some page creating event. 

Apr 20, 2011 15:37
Vote:

Yes, had that as an idea, but is this a new setting for CMS 6?

I think it's a bad idea to have to set up a dummy page instead of just unchecking the already existing checkbox.

It worked as wanted in CMS 5.

Apr 20, 2011 15:47
Vote:

I think you should open a ticket with the Developer Support and they can create a bug report for you. Then the developers can decide if it's a bug or not. My gut feeling says that it's probably by design.

Either you satisfy them like yourself that want pages that it is impossible to create pages below, or you satisfy them who got users that select no page types by mistake and then complains to the partners that it is impossible to create pages under certain pages.

Apr 20, 2011 15:53
Vote:

Ok, ticket created.

Will get back with their answer.

Apr 20, 2011 16:15
Vote:

Bug closed as a feature, apperently it was like this already in CMS 5 R2 SP2.

Look likes it have to be a dummy page.

Apr 26, 2011 15:39
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.