Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Image Gallery Config

Vote:

Here's a curious one, hopefully someone can help...

I have a site that uses the image gallery and the source of the gallery points to a share that contains valid images. I can take the path to the share and access it, browse it and see the images.

Then the image files were moved to a different share and I updated the path in web.config (imageAbsoluteFilePath attribute of imageGallery) to reflect this new location. On trying to access images via the site using this share I now get a 500 error with the underlying cause seeming to be that it's trying to access the images from the previous share.

The paths to the share are of the following format:

Original \\share1\folder1\Images\Originals (tries to access images here, share has been moved)

altered \\share2\folder2\Images\Originals

I have restarted IIS, searched the whole site for the path to the previous share and still get this error, it's as if it's caching this path somewhere and I can't figure out how/where. Has anyone encountered this or know how to resolve?

Many thanks,

Mark

Sep 26, 2011 10:16
Vote:

Perhaps you could try clearing your browser cache?

Sep 27, 2011 8:06
Vote:

Hi Veerle,

I've already tried that and it made no difference. I also restarted IIS and killed the asp.net worker process several times, it's really puzzling...

Thanks for your suggestion,

Mark

Sep 29, 2011 11:28
Vote:

Maybe a lame suggestion, but perhaps you could remove your ImageGallery for a second? Comment out all the code, build, restart IIS and then place the code back and see what happens? Perhaps you could place the code back in pieces, then maybe you can find where it goes wrong?

Indeed feels like its cached somewhere...

Sep 29, 2011 13:37
Vote:

Hi Veerle,

In case you were interested or in case anyone else encounters the same issue, I found the resolution here:

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-Community/EPiServer-Community-32/The-Cache-Replication-System/

The key point in the article was setting up a 'Thumbnails' virtual directory and pointing to the correct share.

Mark

Oct 03, 2011 13:19
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.