Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom property language lost on Url Rewriting

Vote:

I've defined a custom property that was only being populated when viewed in Edit mode, I have now narrowed it down to an issue with languages.

I've created a page template called Test.aspx, if I navigate to it using the URL mysite.com/Templates/Pages/Test.aspx?id=141 then everything works fine, the custom properties are populated with data.

However, when I navigate to mysite.com/Test-Page (which is what the above url is re-written to), the custom property values are not populated.

If I view the page in edit mode then again the values are populated, however when I use the View Mode button the values are missing. I think this might have something to do with edit mode having the cookie editlanguagebranch, as mentioned in this globalization article: http://sdk.episerver.com/library/cms6/Developers%20Guide/Core%20Features/Language%20Settings.htm

In our site the only language I have switched on is English UK. I have then performed the following tasks to ensure only this language is used:

• In web.config set <globalization culture="en" uiCulture="en-GB" requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" resourceProviderFactoryType="EPiServer.Resources.XmlResourceProviderFactory, EPiServer"/>
  • In EPiServerFramework.config set <add name="mysite.com" language="en-GB" /> and then <add name="*" language="en-GB"/>
  • Added a new cookie epslanguage, with value set to en-GB
  • In every file in the /lang folder, changed <language name="English" id="en"> to <language name="English UK" id="en-GB">

Is there anything I've missed here? 

Any help is much appreciated

Apr 17, 2012 17:34
Vote:

Something else I've noticed, when I am in Edit mode and navigate to the above page in the tree structure the page preview loads twice, first time without any custom property values and the second time with the values populated.

Apr 17, 2012 17:45
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.