Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CS0103: The name '' does not exist in the current context

Vote:

Hi all,

I am hoping that you can point me in the right direction to resolve an issue I am facing.

I have written code to insert a canonical url into the pages source. The URL is pulled from whatever has been in the Canonical property on the page.

Here is the code:

<link rel="canonical" id="canonical1" <%=EPiServer.Web.UrlRewriteProvider.UrlPreventRewriteAttribute %>="true" href="<%= Canonical %>" />

I have created the propery in the pagetype of the homepage using Admin Mode > Page Types > Add Property.

However, when I attempt to load the page I see CS0103: The name 'Canonical' does not exist in the current context.

Am I incorrect in thinking that the property is being correctly created using this method? If so, how should I be creating it for this to work correctly?

Thanks in advance for your help!

James

Jul 18, 2012 12:40
Vote:

Hi James,

The property will be created but there won't be any code accessor for it. You need to fetch it using for instance CurrentPage["Canonical"]. Alternatively use Page Type Builder which allows you to define page types and properties in code.

Jul 18, 2012 14:14
Vote:

Thanks Joel,

The fetch solution worked perfectly! I will start reading up on page type builder, as I expect this will be very useful in future.

Jul 19, 2012 9:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.