Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Drag and Drop Page Sort Not Working

Vote:

I recently moved my website to another server and have had quite a difficult time getting everything working as it should. The most recent problem I've had is the page sort order in the CMS. When you drag and drop a page to a different location, it would usually refresh the frame with the new value, however when I drag and drop a page now, it just remains the same. If I refresh the page, I can see the change, but this doesn't happen automatically. I've looked in Firebug and it makes the call to CMS/Edit/EditCommand.aspx and throws a javascript error stating:

SyntaxError: invalid label: line 239
eval("parsedResult = " + result);
Sep 05, 2012 18:16
Vote:

Could be a Page Name with odd characters and/or not encoded properly. I think I've seen something like this then.

Sep 05, 2012 18:35
Vote:

how can I check if something is encoded properly? this was all working fine on the server I built it in, all I've done is copy the database and files to a new server. The only character that isnt A-Z or 0-9 is '&' in a few page titles. This hasn't been an issue before and the data has all remained the same.

Sep 05, 2012 18:55
Vote:

Anything suspicious in the params of the request to CMS/Edit/EditCommand.aspx when you look through Firebug?

And what does it's response look like?

Sep 06, 2012 9:25
Vote:

Doesn't look to be anything odd in the post, other than the encrypted vals, this is what it's sending.

__CALLBACKPARAM{"command":"execute","action":"move","sourcePage":"1579","destinationPage":"24","sortIndex":"8"}

and the response

{"confirmationMessage":null,"confirmationProperty":null,"errorMessage":null,"buttonState":null,"currentPageUrl":null,"copyStartedMessage":null,"type":null,"commandEvents":[{"commandName":"pagechildrenreordered","data":"24","navData":null}]}

I will also note that I'm not longer reveiving an error message, it just doesn't refresh the frame after the sort goes through.. If I manually refresh, I can see the updated sort position

Edited, Sep 07, 2012 15:34
Vote:

Did you start a case with Support?

Oct 16, 2012 9:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.