Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS Access rights

Vote:

Hi,

If I have a very large site tree is it possible if I set up certain groups in the CMS that when a certain user from a group logs in to the CMS that they will only see that section that they have access rights to and the areas of the site structure that are restricted to them are hidden from view?

For example: a user has access rights to the About Us page but not the Contact Us page - when they log in to the CMS they can only see the About Us page?

Thanks

Feb 25, 2014 16:31
Vote:

Hi

I think this link may help you:

http://webhelp.episerver.com/CMS/6.1/EN/Default.htm#CSHID=undefined 

Browse to: Admin Mode > Working with Authorization > Setting Access Rights in the Tree Structure

This explains how you can lock down certain parts of the tree. If you cannot use out the box functionality to achieve what you'd like then its possible to hide pages in the tree view using the API.

Feb 25, 2014 17:06
Vote:

Hi,

Thanks for this. Where is the API? How do you hide pages from certain users?

Feb 26, 2014 18:06
Vote:

Feb 26, 2014 18:15
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.