Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upgrade EPiServer CMS 6 R2 to EPiServer 7 (7.5)

Vote:

Hi EPiServer Pro

Has anyone tried to Upgrade EPiServer CMS 6 R2 to EPiServer 7 manually?

Sadly the Upgrade with the EPiServer Deployment Center fails with a SQL-Errormessage. Seems that the script can't find some column names like the GUID. 

I could consider to reverse engineer the upgrade scripts. But they seem very complex and I'm not really familiar with the powershell script language. And if someone out there already done that, I would gladly appreciate that.

Thanx for any hints on this matter.

Apr 30, 2014 11:28
Vote:

What is the error you get when attempting to upgrade through the Deployment Center ?

Sounds like you need to create a support ticket?

Apr 30, 2014 14:50
Vote:

Thank you for your answer.

After those actions: 

EPiServer CMS Deployment Center
Upgrade site with SQL Server database (Version 7.0.586.1)
Show All Sites -> Choose
After clicking through the form I get the following error message:

Error - Ungültiger Spaltenname 'ContentGUID'. (means something like invalid column name)

Get-EPiIsBulkInstalling

At C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\7.0.586.1\Upgrade\System Scripts\Upgrade Site To 7 (SqlServer).ps1:230 char:40
+ $globalBlockFolderId = Get-EPiContentId <<<< -ContentTypeGuidString "E56F85D0-E833-4E02-976A-2D11FE4D598C" -ConnectionString $selectedApplication.SiteDbConnectionString
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Ungültiger Spaltenname 'ContentGUID'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar()
at EPiServer.Install.CMS.SqlServer.Cmdlets.GetContentIdCmdlet.ProcessRecord()
at System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.DoProcessRecord()
at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord()
ClientConnectionId:1495911a-5494-449f-8032-88d010cd0c3a

If there isn't a short solution for this, I will open a support ticket.

May 05, 2014 15:12
Vote:

If you don't check "Show All Sites", can you still find your site?

May 06, 2014 17:02
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.