Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Find pages where an XForm is used

Vote:

Hi,

We use Episerver 6 R2 together with XForms. As you all know when you add a form to page it is not always easy to remember where exactly your form is currently residing. When you open the Select Form popup you can see which pages your form is on but it uses some form of Episerver GUID such as CF__3224_14590_7903_21022[7903] and there is no easy way to know which page this is referring to.
Does anyone know how I can translate this GUID into an actual path to a page?

By the way, we use Composer too.

Thanks

Sep 01, 2015 14:59
Vote:

Hi, not sure but if I do rember correctly the xform editor should show the actual page!? Have you tried a vanilla installation of episerver? 

You might go with searching for pages that has the specific property of type xform?! Pages were that is not null should have an xform connected to it. 

Another question I have when looking at the GUID is that the last 4 digits might be the actuel PageId? Could that be the case? 

Here is an example of getting PageData from a GUID btw:

public static T GetPage<T>(Guid pageGuid) where T : PageData
{
    var linkMap = EPiServer.Web.PermanentLinkMapStore.Find(pageGuid) as PermanentPageLinkMap;
    if (linkMap != null)
    {
        var page = DataFactory.Instance.GetPage(linkMap.PageReference);
        if (page != null && page is T)
        {
            return (T)page;
        }
    }
    return null;
}

It is from this blog post: http://shahinalborz.se/2012/01/get-typed-pagedata-by-page-guid-in-episerver-cms/

Oct 05, 2015 23:41
Vote:

I did a small tool for viewing xform data. Maybe it can be of some use:

http://world.episerver.com/blogs/Per-Nergard/Dates/2015/3/tool-for-simplifying-viewing-of-form-data/

I did it for CMS 7.X but it sould be fairly easy to modify to work for cms6.

Edited, Oct 06, 2015 9:07
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.