Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Application_Start Global.asax don't run

I'm working on a site which requires additional setup during startup and I'm trying to use Global.asax Application_Start(...) for this. However, EPiServer doesn't run it. My Global.asax inherits from EPiServer.Global and I've noticed that this class has been changed significantly. Is this still the right class to use for Global.asax? If not, what other class do I need to use? (I'm using the Visual Studio developer version of EPiServer. Not the IIS one).
Oct 11, 2007 16:53
Hi, Strange enough but it seems to do the trick. I found on the net that removing the Global.asax and then ad it again should solve the problem. I did not belive it, but I had to try it. And it worked, even though the content was the same. When you do that, don't forget to change the base class to EPiServer.Global. Regards, Tibi
Oct 12, 2007 11:50
Thanks a bunch, it worked. What I found after I'd created the EPiServer project, was that I needed to change the namespace of the Global.asax class from "$safenamespace$" to something sensible. I guess my rename refactor thingee weren't thorough enough.
Oct 18, 2007 14:25
Hi! Some additional information: We had a bug in the RC4 release (or at least I think it was that release) where the global.asax file inherited directly from the EPiServer.Global class. If you have installed a release where this is the case for your global.asax file and then upgraded to the release you have to change your global.asax file so that it inherits from the code behind class. Otherwise the code changes that you do to your global.asax.cs file will not be executed. This should not be an issue if you have installed the templates from the release version.
Oct 22, 2007 13:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.